Overview – Malaysia
Explore the far side of the world with a yacht charter vacation in Malaysia. Off the coast to the Northwest lies the popular island destination of Langkawi and a surrounding archipelago. There you will find newly built luxury resorts and restaurants as well as duty free shopping and conservation areas for hiking and sightseeing. Of course, you will also want to relax on the beaches covered in fine white sand. Popular activities and attractions include: snorkeling, the Langkawi Cable Car which takes visitors to the peak of Gunug Mat Chinchang, and the Langkawi Sky Bridge.
South of Langkawi lies Penang, a more populous island steeped in culture and history. The core of George Town displays a mix of historical architecture including Thai temples and British military forts, a combination unique to this part of the world. Make the most out of your trip to the island by visiting the Panang State Museum and Art Gallery or haggling in the markets. The George Town Festival and Penang Hot Air Balloon Fiesta are wonderful experiences too.
Speak to a Charter Expert: (800) 382-9666
REQUEST A QUOTE
Search Malaysia Yacht ChartersCREWED CHARTERS SUPERYACHT CHARTERS
Events & Activities – Malaysia
Here’s a preview of a few things you can expect on your Malaysia yacht charter with Virgin Island Sailing®:
- Island sights and attractions are easy to find and enjoy thanks to Malaysia’s flourishing tourism industry, especially in Langkawi and Penang.
- Appreciate the rich cuisine with roots from all of southeast Asia at a quality you will not find anywhere else.
- Tropical rainforests make for a stunning backdrop for sandy beaches on hundreds of islands accessible by line of sight sailing.
A Few of the Best Places to Visit in Malaysia:
- Gunung Mat Chinchang, Langkawi. Board the Langkawi Cable Car for the peak of Gunung Mat Chinchang. If the view from the cable car was not stunning enough, the sights from the Langkawi Sky Bridge will have you reeling with wonder. Take in the entire island from its rainforest to its towns across this 410 ft curved cable bridge 2,170 ft above sea level.
- Payar Island. Well known as a marine park with its sheltered waters offering protections for its diverse marine life, Payar Island is a beautiful spot to snorkel. Home to multicolored reefs, beautiful beaches, and hiking trails, you won’t want to pass by this destination.
- George Town, Penang. The capital city of the Malaysian state of Penang, George Town is situated on Penang Island and offers a glimpse at the rich culture and history of the region and lets tourists explore the busy markets and take part in exciting festivals. The core of the city is inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and displays a mix of historical architecture including Thai temples and British military forts.
Weather & Seasons – Malaysia
Being near the equator means that Malaysian temperatures remain consistent and its tropical climate means it can be quite humid. That being said, temperatures are regulated by the surrounding waters making it so that it never gets too hot.
The geography of the country lends itself to two different rainy seasons depending where you are. The west side of the country typically experiences monsoons from May to September with a short dry season from December to February. This is reversed on the east side where November to March is the wettest season. January and February are the best months to visit the east coast and June and July are the best months to visit the west.
|Temp Max (°F )||Temp Min (°F )||Avg. Water Temp (°F )||Avg. Rainfall (in)||Avg. Wind Speed (kts)|
|January||91||76||87||0.9||NE 5-15 |
|February||92||76||88||1.3||NE 5-15 |
|March||91||77||89||4.1||NE 5-10 |
|April||90||77||91||7.7||NE 5-10 |
|May||89||77||92||8.2||SW 5-10 |
|June||89||77||91||9.8||SW 5-10 |
|July||88||76||91||10.5||SW 5-10 |
|September||87||76||90||13.4||SW 5-10 |
|October||87||76||89||14.7||SW 5-10 |
|November||88||76||89||7.6||NE 5-10 |
|December||89||76||88||2.3||NE 5-15 |
Travel Info – Malaysia
Malaysian yacht charters typically begin on the island of Langkawi. Langkawi International Airport is serviced by daily flights from major cities such as Singapore and Kuala Lumpur and there is an abundance of choices for flights to those cities. From the airport on Langkawi, it is a scenic 30 minute ride to the marina where you can embark upon your charter.
Bareboat Charter Packing Checklist
Crewed Charter Packing Checklist