Overview – Seychelles
Retreat to a place 1,000 miles from anywhere where unique sand and granite coasts are surrounded by brilliant turquoise waters and vibrant reefs. Seychelles is an archipelago consisting of over 100 islands far off of the east coast of Africa in the Indian Ocean. A yacht charter in Seychelles will have you navigating the 41 inner islands known for their granite rock formations, vibrant reefs, and tropical forests home to wildlife found nowhere else.
The inner islands are close together making for easy sailing and navigation and hugging the miles and miles of coastline will have you finding a secluded anchorage from which you can snorkel or relax on a picturesque beach. Heading inland you can come across the famous double coconuts, coco de mer, and you might even stumble upon a giant tortoise.
Speak to a Charter Expert: (800) 382-9666
REQUEST A QUOTE
Search Seychelles Yacht ChartersBAREBOAT CHARTERS CREWED CHARTERS SUPERYACHT CHARTERS
Events & Activities – Seychelles
Here’s a preview of a few things you can expect on your Seychelles yacht charter with Virgin Island Sailing®:
- Jutting granite rock formations protectively enclose soft beaches in front of a backdrop of lush, tropical forests. There’s beauty everywhere you look whether you are relaxing or exploring.
- Dive beneath the waves into the turquoise waters and discover a variety of sea life dispersed throughout vibrant coral reefs. A new and exciting spot to snorkel is waiting for you anytime you drop the anchor.
- Consistent winds and temperatures that never get too warm make sailing a pleasant experience and straightforward for bareboat and crewed charters alike.
A Few of the Best Places to Visit in Seychelles:
- Victoria. The capital and largest city of Seychelles, Victoria sits on the main island of Mahé and offers tourist attractions such as a clocktower modeled after Little Ben, museums, and fish and fruit markets where you can meet the Seychellois people. Outside the city you can find hiking trails to explore the thick forests of the island.
- Silhouette Island. Jutting from the sea and standing northwest of Mahé is Silhouette Island. The island is home to many threatened plant and animal species and is considered to be one of the richest biodiversity points in the region. The surrounding waters are a marine national park and 93% of the land is designated as a national park.
- Praslin. The island of Praslin hosts beautiful beaches, luxurious resorts, and interesting hiking trails. Anchor in any of the secluded inlets and snorkel or relax on the beach. The unique double coconut can also be found on Praslin.
Weather & Seasons – Seychelles
The islands of Seychelles are home to what are considered to be tropical rainforests so it makes sense that the humidity is relatively high. It is more pleasant out on the water where there is a constant breeze year round perfect for sailing. Just like the winds, temperatures remain fairly consistent throughout the year with an average of around 80. As for the water temperatures, they couldn’t be better.
The most popular season to visit Seychelles is from June to August. During this time visitors are less likely to encounter rain and more importantly cyclones, which can typically affect the islands from November to May. October marks the start of the wet season which runs to May, though rains significantly lessen come March.
|Temp Max (°F )||Temp Min (°F )||Avg. Water Temp (°F )||Avg. Rainfall (in)||Avg. Wind Speed (kts)|
|June||84||76||81||2.5||SE 10-20 |
|July||83||75||79||3.1||SE 10-20 |
|August||83||75||79||3.8||SE 10-20 |
|September||84||76||81||4.8||SE 10-20 |
|December||86||75||82||11.1||W 10-20 |
Travel Info – Seychelles
A yacht charter vacation in Seychelles typically starts from Victoria on the island of Mahé or from the island of Praslin. If your starting point is in Victoria, you can fly into Seychelles International Airport directly from several major European and Middle Eastern cities via major airlines like Air France, Air Seychelles, and Etihad Airways to name a few. From the airport, it is a 10 to 15 minute drive along the coast to the marina.
For a charter starting from Praslin, you will first have to land at Seychelles International Airport and then board a flight for Praslin Island Airport. Air Seychelles services many of the islands in the region so you will have to book with them. After arriving, it is just a 20 minute ride to the marina where you can begin your yacht charter vacation.
Bareboat Charter Packing Checklist
Crewed Charter Packing Checklist