Overview – Turkey
Sail the seas of a country renown for its history, beauty, and cultural significance. From Istanbul to Antalya, the Turkish archipelago in the Aegean Sea will entertain all explorers. Find seclusion in protected inlets and relax on the beach or hike to higher elevations to see the world spread out in front of you. Hug the coastline and stop at each coastal town to experience the finest Mediterranean cuisine and tour historical architecture and monuments at the cultural crossroads of the world.
Turkey has grown as a yacht charter destination which has led to a development of luxury resorts, easier access to historical and cultural attractions, and infrastructure encouraging docking and mooring to better tour coastal destinations. The Turkish coastline and archipelago offers a mix of secluded beaches, parks, busy cities, and charming towns so there is something for everyone.
Speak to a Charter Expert: (800) 382-9666
REQUEST A QUOTE
Search Turkey Yacht ChartersBAREBOAT CHARTERS CREWED CHARTERS SUPERYACHT CHARTERS
Events & Activities – Turkey
Here’s a preview of a few things you can expect on your Turkey yacht charter with Virgin Island Sailing®:
- The mix of cuisine, architecture, and people offers a glimpse into the depth of culture of each town you come across. A trip inland provides access to historical monuments and museums of this continental crossroad.
- In season weather makes perfect conditions for sailing and swimming. Sunny days, persistent winds, and warm water temperatures means you’ll have a great time whether you are on or off of the boat.
- Explore the endless islands of the Aegean Sea. Each island has something new to offer from secluded anchorages and protected parks to historical towns and unique landscape.
A Few of the Best Places to Visit in Turkey:
- Istanbul. The city at the cultural crossroads of the world, Istanbul is one of the oldest and has one of the most storied histories of any city on Earth. A mix of cultures found in the city has developed must-visit museums, delicious cuisine, and exciting markets. A visit to Turkey without stopping in Istanbul is a missed opportunity.
- Antalya. Sitting on the southern coast of Turkey lies the city of Antalya, a popular tourist destination providing a contrasting mix of historic sites and upbeat nightlife. Luxurious resorts overlooking stretches of beaches are a main draw for visitors as well.
- Gemiler Island. Anchor off of the shores of Gemiler Island, also known as St Nicholas Island, and hike up the trail to find the ruins of five 1500 year old churches. The surrounding views of the island and water is splendid.
Weather & Seasons – Turkey
Climate of coastal Turkey is polarized by hot, dry, and sunny summers and mild rainy winters. It is recommended to visit the region between May and October to coincide with the dry season. Water temperatures are also warm during this time of year so be sure to pack your swimwear. 300 days of the year are sunny and the UV index is high as well so sun protection is highly recommended. Winds in the region are typically higher during winter months but they still have enough strength to make for a pleasant sailing experience in the summer.
|Temp Max (°F )||Temp Min (°F )||Avg. Water Temp (°F )||Avg. Rainfall (in)||Avg. Wind Speed (kts)|
Travel Info – Turkey
Your charter will typically start in the coastal town of Göcek. Direct seasonal flights are available into the nearest airport, Dalaman International Airport, from many major European cities including London, Brussels, and Berlin. Short flights from Istanbul are also available and are easier to book. After landing, it is just a short 30 minute drive to the marina where you can begin your yacht charter vacation.
Bareboat Charter Packing Checklist
Crewed Charter Packing Checklist