Overview – France
On the French Riviera you will find energy and excitement radiating from the ports and harbours. However, if you prefer lovely tranquil anchorages and unassuming waterside seafood restaurants on your yacht charter vacation, you can actually find this too! The vibrant coastline of the yacht charter Mecca of the Cote d’Azur runs from St. Tropez, to the Italian border. It is 100 miles of the most extravagant and exclusive waterfront in the world where you will find 30 harbours and more than 3,000 restaurants. This is the playground of the rich and famous and as a result, difficult to omit from any listing. Using Virgin Island Sailing® as your yacht broker will ensure successful charter planning.
Speak to a Charter Expert: (800) 382-9666
REQUEST A QUOTE
Search France Yacht ChartersBAREBOAT CHARTERS CREWED CHARTERS SUPERYACHT CHARTERS
Events & Activities – France
Here’s a preview of a few things you can expect on your France yacht charter with Virgin Island Sailing®:
- The beautiful and luxurious region of the Cote d’Azur hosts yearly events such as the Cannes Film festival and Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. The Monaco Grand Prix is also a sight to behold.
- The sophistication and wealth on display in the cities and towns along the shores of the French Riviera makes for a beautiful backdrop to a peaceful cruise. Fine dining and nightlife opportunities abound in this elite playground.
- If you want a break from the buzzing extravagance, take a break at one of the many secluded beaches or snorkeling spots along the coast.
A Few of the Best Places to Visit in France:
- Monaco. Spend the day under the sun on the pebble shores of Larvotto Beach. You can also visit the famous Monte Carlo Casino or the historic Prince’s Palace. After you explore the museums, there are a plethora of fine dining establishments from which to choose.
- St. Tropez. What was once a seemingly secluded fishing village has evolved into a must visit destination on the French Riviera. The mix of historic and new sights as well as the beaches and museums means you will hardly run out of things to see and do.
- Iles d’Hyeres. Stroll through Old Town Hyeres or visit the beach of l’Almanarre. You can also visit historical sites dating back to the 4th century B.C.E. The nearby islands have wonderful snorkeling spots as well as hiking trails.
Weather & Seasons – France
The French Riviera has a typical mediterranean climate with chilly, rainy winters and summer temperatures tempered by the breeze. Most people avoid swimming in the winter since water temperatures only start to warm up during the summer and peaks in August. Summer is the ideal time to charter a yacht both to avoid the rainy season and to take advantage of the warm waters.
|Temp Max (°F )||Temp Min (°F )||Avg. Water Temp (°F )||Avg. Rainfall (in)||Avg. Wind Speed (kts)|
Travel Info – France
Your charter may begin at one of several cities in the French Riviera, usually Nice, Antibes or Cannes. The Nice Cote d’Azur Airport is easy to fly into from many major European cities and is no more than a 30 minute ride to your embarkation point in Cannes. If you are beginning your charter in Antibes or Nice then it is even closer.
Bareboat Charter Packing Checklist
Crewed Charter Packing Checklist